Oceana Coffee Infused Hurricane
Since there seem to be 5 hurricanes threatening us out there, let's get the bar ready!
This is an amazing twist on a traditional hurricane from Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans.
- Coffee infused white rum- Steel Tie Spirits white rum, 2 TBS Oceana Coffee beans into the isi whip canister, charge with nitrogen
- 2 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit purée
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup, Torani-Puremade vanilla works great!
- 1 barspoon grenadine
- Garnish: orange wheel
- Garnish: preserved cherry
Infuse your white rum with Oceana Coffee beans, our Colombia would go really nicely in this recipe. This is a fairly simple process with the right tools. Pour youur desired alcohol to be infused into the bottom of the whipped cream canister with about a TBSP of whole coffee beans. Screw the top of the canister back on, place the nitogen charger into the charger holder and screw onto the head until all the nitrogen has been released into the bottle. We use the rapid infuser attachment from iSi which makes the process more smooth. You can let the alcohol infuse while you prepare the rest of the ingredients. combine all the remaining ingredients including the coffee infused rum into a cocktail sharker and shake over ice. Pour into Hurricane glasses filled with ice and garnish with an orange wheel and a preserved cherry, maybe a few Oceana Coffee beans as well! This will surely keep your senses lively during our next hurricane!