We are continuously on the lookout for great recipes containing coffee as a star ingredient! These Oceana Coffee Sugar cookies have been a favorite for the last couple of years! We have given them as gifts at the holidays and brought them to holiday parties, especially great at a cookie swap party! This would make a great hostess gift, accompanied by a bag of fresh roasted Oceana Coffee. We have used the Downunder Blend in this recipe but any of our origins would work great!
We are making these on Halloween and we have cut out some lovely bat shapes, pumpkins, and owls.
Pro tip: Make sure your dough is cold! Refrigerate overnight or freeze for about an hour if you are short on time!
- 1 Cup of softened butter
- 1.5 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP fresh ground Oceana Coffee
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a small bowl combiner eggs, vanilla, and ground coffee. Do this first to give the coffee a chance to brew with the liquid.
- In a stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl add together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add your egg mixture to the butter until well combined. Slowly add the flour mixture until fully combined, do not overbeat.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour, ideally overnight in the fridge.
- Roll your chilled dough on a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick and use your desired shape. Circles work great as well if you are not going for a holiday theme.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 12-15 min.