We thought we would do something a little different this past 4th of July. All of our Saturday afternoon cocktails have had coffee in them so far but this was just too good to pass up! Scotty found this recipe on the internet couurtesy of The Inquiring Chef. We love that the recipe calls for Torani syrup, which we distribute to our wholeslae customers and sell in our cafe’s and on our website!
- 2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 10 leaves Fresh Mint, plus extra for garnish (we have so much of this growing in our yard!)
- 2 Limes, sliced
- 1/4 cup Passion Fruit Puree (sub mango or pineapple puree; we used pineapple)
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) White Rum, Black Coral White Rum
- 2/3 cup Torani Passion Fruit Syrup
- 4 cups Ice
- 4 cups Soda Water, we used our Soda Stream for this, anything to keep us from running out to the store during quarantine right!?
Muddle the sugar, mint leaves and half the lime slices into a serving pitcher, so that the mint leaves are crushed and the limes release their juice. Reserve the rest of the limes to garnish each glass
Pour the passion fruit puree, rum, syrup, and ice into the pitcher and stir until incorporated.
Divide the mixture evently between your glasses, top with the soda water and garnish with a lime and a mint sprig.